The Fantasy First-Timer is a blog documenting my adventures in fantasy football. (Yes, I’m a second-timer now. No, I’m not changing the name.) Join me as I break down strategies, analyze players, and generally take this fantasy thing way too seriously. I’ll also include some thoughts on the sports world at large, and just enough bad jokes to keep the whole thing interesting.
Who is The Fantasy First-Timer?
Hello! My name is Megan and I am The Fantasy First-Timer, your host and guide through this fantasy-football world. Here are ten things it may or may not be worth knowing about me:
- Biographical information first: I’m a young(-ish) single woman, a passionate sports fan, who lives in Southern California. My “day job” is in a chain restaurant where I am working my way up to management. My passion, however, is writing. My plans for a debut novel premiere have been pushed off until 2018, but I expect to be able to announce a publication date during this football season. You may even hear it here first.
- I live in Southern California. Why do I repeat this information? Because this is a sports blog, and where I live is the key to understanding what teams I root for. For the record: Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, UCLA Bruins, and – most pertinently – Rams.
- I have one other passionate rooting interest, and that’s in NASCAR. I’m crazy into NASCAR. I go to races every year and watch on TV every weekend that I can. And I own way way too much gear for my driver, who is… Kyle Busch. He’s my man. Go 18! (I love him so much that I’m biased to like any player who wears an 18 jersey, which could be problematic if I fill my fantasy roster accordingly.)
- I like football players who are very tall, like Joseph Fauria (formerly of the UCLA Bruins), and basketball players who are very short, like Derek Fisher (formerly of the LA Lakers). Don’t ask me why, because there’s no good answer behind it.
- I have a shih tzu/terrier mix dog who I’m kinda obsessed with. His name is Orion and he’s a scrappy little ball of fluff with a giant snaggle-toothed underbite. I mean, look at that face! How do you not fall in love with that face?
- I can rap all of Lafayette/Jefferson’s lines from Hamilton. (In point of fact, I can rap all of Hamilton, but those two characters’ lines are the most impressive. I’m takin’ this horse by the reins, makin’ red coats redder with blood stains!)
- Other things I am obsessed with include Tigger, The Lord of the Rings, and Aaron Sorkin’s entire body of work. I tend not to like anything halfway. I go all in on my interests.
- I’m working on two novels right now, one a fantasy/murder mystery and one a contemporary romance. Should have drafts of both completed by the time we crown a 2017 fantasy football champion.
- Three sports-related items on my bucket list are: going to the Super Bowl; going to the Olympics; and going to a team’s victory parade. And I get to do this all without leaving my own backyard. See you at the Super Bowl in 2022, the Olympics in 2028, and a Dodgers parade in I’m guessing the not too distant future.
- While I’m passionately interested in watching sports, I myself have no athletic ability whatsoever.