The Fantasy First-Timer is a blog documenting my first season playing fantasy football. Join me as I learn strategies, analyze players, and generally take this way too seriously. We’ll probably have some fun looking at the entire sports world as we go. This blog, like my new team, is a new adventure and I’m looking forward to having a good time!
Who is The Fantasy First-Timer?
Hello! My name is Megan and I am The Fantasy First-Timer, your host and guide through this fantasy-football world. Here are ten things it may or may not be worth knowing about me:
- Biographical information first: I’m a young(-ish) single woman, a passionate sports fan, who lives in Southern California. My “day job” is in a chain restaurant where I am working my way up to management. My passion, however, is writing, and I expect my debut novel to appear in 2017.
- I live in Southern California. Why do I repeat this information? Because this is a sports blog, and where I live is the key to understanding what teams I root for. For the record: Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, UCLA Bruins, and – most pertinently – Rams.
- I have one other passionate rooting interest, and that’s in NASCAR. I’m crazy into NASCAR. I go to races every year and watch on TV every weekend that I can. And I own way way too much gear for my driver, who is… Kyle Busch. He’s my man. Go 18! (I love him so much that I’m biased to like any player who wears an 18 jersey, which could be problematic if I fill my fantasy roster accordingly.)
- I like football players who are very tall, like Joseph Fauria (formerly of the UCLA Bruins), and basketball players who are very short, like Derek Fisher (formerly of the LA Lakers). Don’t ask me why, because there’s no good answer behind it.
- I have a shih tzu/terrier mix dog who I’m kinda obsessed with. His name is Orion and he’s a scrappy little ball of fluff with a giant snaggle-toothed underbite. I mean, look at that face! How do you not fall in love with that face?
- I can rap all of Lafayette/Jefferson’s lines from Hamilton. (In point of fact, I can rap all of Hamilton, but those two characters’ lines are the most impressive. I’m takin’ this horse by the reins, makin’ red coats redder with blood stains!)
- Other things I am obsessed with include Tigger, The Lord of the Rings, and Aaron Sorkin’s entire body of work. I tend not to like anything halfway. I go all in on my interests.
- I’m working on two novels right now, one a fantasy/murder mystery and one a contemporary romance. Jump ball at the moment on which one gets finished first.
- Three sports-related items on my bucket list are: going to the Super Bowl; going to the Olympics; and going to a team’s victory parade. I expect to be able to do all of these things eventually without leaving Los Angeles. Although traveling for the first two would be amazing – just financially difficult.
- While I’m passionately interested in watching sports, I myself have no athletic ability whatsoever.